I am writing to inform you that my office is available to assist with anything your county may need from the State of Illinois to help the Metro East attract Amazon’s second corporate headquarters.
If we are successful in bringing Amazon to the Metro East, we have an opportunity to gain up to 50,000 new full-time jobs with average salaries exceeding $100,000 over the next ten to fifteen years. Plus, the Amazon project is expected to have over $5 billion in capital expenditures invested in our region.
Amazon’s ideal site and building requirements are as follows:
• 30 miles from a population center
• Within 45 minutes of an International airport
• 1-2 miles from major highways and roads
• Access to on-site mass transit (i.e. direct access to rail, train, subway/metro bus routes)
• 500,000 square feet of building space for Phase 1 in 2019 and up to 8,000,000 square feet beyond 2027
I think the Metro East can meet the needs of Amazon and I think it is safe to say we can agree on this, our region desperately needs more jobs and opportunity. Welcoming Amazon’s second corporate headquarters to the Metro East would certainly prove positive for our region.
To view more information about Amazon’s second headquarters, I have included a link to Amazon’s RFP on my website at CharlieMeier.net. Amazon’s RFP is due on October 19, 2017.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact my district office in Highland at 618-651-0405.
State Representative – 108th District
Amazon’s RFP can be found here.